Here are links, media and writings about the youth programs that I have developed and managed over my career.
These videos were produced by Digital Learning youth that I managed from 2012-2016.
Youth Blog Posts and Social Media
From 2014-2016, Digital Learning teens produced blog posts for public media station KQED that were shared with classrooms around the country, spurring spirited -- and at times heated -- debates on topics chosen by our teens. Here are some of their posts:
- Should Soda Be Taxed?
- Is It Ethical to Colonize Mars?
- Should We Modify DNA in Human Embryos?
- Should Schools Start Later to Improve Academic Performance?
- Would You Buy a Genetically Modified Pet?
- Should NASA Focus More on Space Exploration or Climate Change?
- Will Robots Replace Us at Work?
Youth Game Design and Game Jams
- Cornucopia: Managed team of developers, scientists and educators.
- Climate Game Jam 2015
- Science Game Jam 2015
- Science Game Jam 2016 - Description and Games , Press Release
- CoderDojo Workshop at the California Academy of Sciences, April 2014: Mayor's Proclamation
Writings about Youth Programs and Youth Development
- When I gave my teens 45 minutes to save humanity
- Blog post about process of youth creating video on Academy collections
- Youth Showcases and Creating "Stand and Deliver" Moments
- Youth Activism in a Virtual Mine
- "So, What Do You Do When You're Not Teaching?"
- Questions and Reflections from "Programmable Puppets" Teen Workshop